Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Day Three

Ah, day three of the beloved vacation. I returned from work (this working all day thing is crap) to a quiet house and our dogs completely confused and starved for attention. It seemed that they miss the kids because they weren't amused that I was the one who showed up to play ball with them. They got over it when food was introduced.

Today was not a total wash, though. I was offered dinner from our neighbors, Carlo and Toni. Carlo is a retired executive chef, and believe me it doesn't matter what he serves, it's creative and delicious. Dinner was chicken wrapped around ham and fresh mozzarella with a tomato-garlic reduction. Great dinner and lively conversation. I also got to continue with the "I'm not cooking theme."

The kids and Cathy are still loving life on their vacation. The weather is amazing, and the surprising part is that the kids are behaving. They are headed to Busch Gardens Tampa Bay tomorrow. As for the fishing trip with the "world class guide" my brother-in-law went on, you guessed it, they caught a ton of fish. Par for the course. If I flew down there this evening and started fishing at the crack of dawn, I would catch nothing. The reason, you ask, is that the fishing was always the best it's ever been the day before you get there. I'm sure they caught all the fish that they say they caught because fisherman are always honest.

According the Weather Channel, it is going to rain here Wednesday, but I'm still hopeful that golf is in the cards. If not, silence, Sportcenter and the Golf Channel will fill the void.

1 comment:

Herb Everett said...

My goal of playing golf is turning out to be a far-fetched dream. I'm rootin' for ya.

Dinner sounds fab.