Friday, June 5, 2009

Not just a pretty face

This evening after we finished dinner, we decided that a game of touch football was in order. For the record, Cathy is working the late shift tonight.
The teams were boys against girls. Now, before we continue, I must tell you that we are a very competitive family, and these games get ugly in a hurry.
The game was going well for a couple of series. I told Abbey that she needed to get Maggie involved in the game. On the next play, Abbey tossed the ball to Maggie, and she threw a perfect pass to Abbey for a touchdown. This particular play is what is called a turning point in the game. Maggie was hyped up.
After Abbey kicked off, I received the ball and was looking to hand it off to Conner. Maggie came out of nowhere and dropped me like third-period French. I mean, she totally pancaked me.
My first reaction was to slap Abbey on the butt and say nice job, but it was Maggie. My next thought was to look around and make sure none of the neighbors saw it.
Maggie jumped up and said, "Gotcha, Dad!"
Maybe I won't need to buy a gun for the future boyfriends after all.

No comments: